PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.
PokéForumunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A newbie's sweep!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A newbie's sweep! Empty A newbie's sweep!

Post by Laura Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:08 pm

My very first Sweep that I made in pkmn Showdown! Ah, the feels Cool
Link: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-280271952
Laura

Laura
Trial Moderator

Trial Moderator

Pokédollars : 879

Back to top Go down

A newbie's sweep! Empty Re: A newbie's sweep!

Post by Woyaojinkela Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:59 pm

Swords dance>bulk up on blaziken, six mons on a team, mega salamence>mega chomp.
That sweep was pretty cool though, shows how noob the opponent is
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Pokédollars : 9312

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:15 am

Thanks, it was my very first sweep Razz.
The reason why i'm still using bulk up instead of swords dance because i need that defence, too. Most people have Ice punch on Mewtwo so i'm ready for that. Also, focus sach on Blaziken so i can use Bulk up twice. Then with the 2x speed, I can easily baton pass and have 2x atk, 2x def & 2x speed on my Mega garchomp. Salamence sucks, if you ask me.
Laura

Laura
Trial Moderator

Trial Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:44 pm

"Most people have ice punch on mewtwo", are you kidding me. How many normal mewtwo run ice punch over ice beam. Mega salamence doesn't suck. HP: 95
Attack: 145
Defense: 130
Sp. Atk: 120
Sp. Def: 90
Speed: 120
That is the stat of mega salamence, as you can see, mega salamence have higher speed and higher physical bulk than mega garchomp, especially when combined with intimidate from before mega evolve. Mega salamence doesn have lower attack than garchomp but mega salamence have aerialate, turning normal type move into flying type move and have 30% boost and still gets boost by stab.
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mewtwo: 256-303 (72.5 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mewtwo: 217-256 (61.4 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
as you can see, mega salamence's return hits harder then mega garchomp's earthquake
Mega salamense is also access to dragon dance, something garchomp would kill for, a reliable recovery of roost, access to good coverage like earthquake and fire blast. Mega garchomp isn't that good in ubers.
For the previous reasons, I failed to see mega garchomp better than mega salamence.

You sweeped this match doesn't mean u can just sweep with that in higher latter. Ubers is a tier fully of extremespeed, even revengekilling blaziken isn't that hard. And it is not like it is very hard to kill blaziken in two hits, even after bulk up. What pokemon are u trying to set up bulk up two times on, seriously, shaymin-s?If u do get the +2 attack, def, and speed on mega garchomp, it is still not too hard to kill. Lugia can still come in and whirlwind. Plus, if mega garchomp can do it, a lot of other poke can too, like mega salamence, mega mewtwo and so on. And if you match up a lead with xerneas, you pretty much lose.
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Excuse you? "mega salamence sucks if you ask me" That's called an opinion if you didn't know :^) & for the rest, I don't fully understand why you're all mad & everything. It's nothing but a mere sweep, who said that i'm actually using this in every single battle? get your stuff together x).
Laura

Laura
Trial Moderator

Trial Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:37 pm

I am not mad, im just explaining why mega slamence doesn’t suck. I do notice that "mega salamence suck" is an opinion but at least explain why you think mega garchomp is better. If u just guessed meg salamence suck, then it is more like a guess than opinion. And i wentnto the ’professional strategy ’ forum by the way. If u r a newbie, i think the title shouldn’t be called like that.
Let's stop, it kind of sound like an arguement
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Genesis Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:23 am

Woyaojinkela wrote:Let's stop, it kind of sound like an arguement
Yes, that would be nice.
Genesis

Genesis
Lead Moderator

Lead Moderator

Pokédollars : 1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top